Stuffed zucchini flowers; It is one of the indispensable flavors of Turkish, Greek, and Cyprus cuisines. Stuffed zucchini flowers; Although it varies according to the region, it is usually made from pumpkin flowers collected in the Aegean and the Mediterranean in the early hours of the morning.
Stuffed Zucchini Flower Recipe:
- 20-25 zucchini flowers
- 2 onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Dill (about a third of a bunch)
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Dice the onions, grate the tomatoes and finely chop the dill.
- Remove the green stems of the zucchini flowers, taking care not to damage the flower petals.
- Remove the yellow stigma inside the flower. Again, without damaging the leaves.
- Wash the rice thoroughly under water until the water runs clear.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large pan and fry your onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the washed rice to the onion and continue to cook until the rice is soft.
- To the rice mixture, add the grated tomato, pepper, salt, dried mint and water. Simmer until the water has evaporated.
- Take it off the heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Add your chopped dill to the rice mixture.
- Carefully, fill your zucchini flowers with the rice mixture. Be careful not to overfill them as the rice will expand during cooking. Carefully fold the flowers from top to bottom.
- Place your stuffed flowers side-by-side in a large pot with the folded edge at the bottom.
- Pour the remaining olive oil over the flowers. Add water to the pot so that it reaches about half of the height of the flowers.
- Cover with a lid and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, your stuffed zucchini flowers are ready. They can be served warm or cold.
You may also like:
- Sultan’s Diet: 10 Delicious & Unique Medieval Ottoman Foods
- How to Make Turkish Coffee – Authentic Turkish Coffee Recipe
- How to Make Turkish Tea: The Perfect Cup of Çay Recipe
- Turkish Tomato Soup Recipe: Simple & Homemade
- Ezme Recipe: Hot Ezme Salad (Authentic Turkish Style)
- Turkish Dolma w/ Meat Recipe: Stuffed Pepper or Capsicum
- Semolina Halva Recipe: Delicious Turkish Dessert
- 20 Best & Most Famous Turkish Kebabs (w/ Authentic Recipes)
- Pasha’s Kofta Recipe: Easy & Homemade (Hasan Paşa Köftesi)
- Turkish Lamb with White Beans Recipe: Etli Kuru Fasülye