You’ll experience from of the best eats in Kadıköy during your Istanbul street food tour. Discover this vibrant neighbourhood: less explored by most visitors but a hub of local activity where you will taste some of the best food in the city.
You will sip popular drinks, nibble on the best street food, and savour authentic Anatolian specialty dishes. Indulge in a taste of Istanbul’s evening life as you eat your way through charming Kadıköy with us.
- All food and drink along the tour, including water.
- A friendly, knowledgeable and passionate English-speaking tour guide.
- An evening filled with culinary, cultural, historic and personal anecdotes, with a local’s insider view of Istanbul.
- Adult: US$75
- Child (6-12): US$45
- Infant (0-5): Free
- Risk free 100% refund if you cancel 24-hours before tour start.
Meeting & Finishing Point:
- We meet to begin our Kadıköy Street Food Tour in the heart of Eminönü, close to Spice Market so we can cross the Bosporus by ferry, together. The exact meeting point and detailed directions will be provided upon booking confirmation.
- Kadıköy Street Food Tour finishes at Kadıköy Ferry Terminal. Your guide will help you to catch the Eminönü ferry (back to near the Spice Market) or Karaköy ferry.
What to Bring & Wear:
- An empty stomach and a your appetite!
- Casual and comfortable shoes and clothing. Don’t forget your jacket during the cooler evenings.
- Our tours depart rain or shine; if rain is forecast you might like to bring an umbrella for the short walking distances between food stops.
Enjoy an evening meandering the ‘other side’ of Istanbul, as you eat your way through Kadıköy with our expert foodies, on our Istanbul Street Food Tour.
You’ll meet to begin your tour close to the Spice Bazaar, to meet your guide and fellow foodies to cross the Bosphorus by ferry together, to Istanbul’s vibrant Asian-side district of Kadıköy. You’ll first explore the bustling Kadıköy market, home to some of the oldest restaurants and establishments in the area. During your journey, you will sample some of Istanbul’s most popular street foods including midye dolma, kokoreç and crispy pide.
You’ll then leave the colourful Kadıköy market streets behind and sit down to savour the syrupy goodness of one of Istanbul’s oldest and most delicious baklavas. You’ll continue your twilight walk toward the district of Moda to finish your tour with classic Turkish goat’s milk dondurma, from one of Turkey’s most-loved producers.
You will taste more than 8 different specialties during your evening of great food and drink in Kadıköy. This hub of local activity on Istanbul’s Asian side is always a popular meeting place for locals to enjoy excellent food with friends. You’ll mix with Istanbullus in the evening and soon understand that you’re eating the best local food where the locals eat it. An evening spent in Kadıköy will give you a real sense of this tasty and vibrant city.
Kadıköy Street Food Tour will be an Istanbul night filled with history, culture and lots of fun that you’re sure to remember!