Give yourself a taste of both sides of Istanbul. Indulge in a market breakfast in Europe in the heart of the historic Old City, before you sail across to Asia and explore the vibrant streets of Kadıköy. You’ll make almost 10 different stops during your walk with a variety of samples at each – enough to fill your belly to the brim with all the fantastic Turkish flavours!
From home-made dishes and street foods to traditional kebabs and Turkish ice cream, The Taste of Two Continents tour is your full-day immersion inside Istanbul’s food scene and a glimpse of Turkish culture and daily life.
- 10 uniquely different eateries and restaurants, multiple tastings at each.
- Friendly, knowledgeable and passionate English-speaking tour guide.
- Transport by ferry from Europe to Asia (and back again).
- A day filled with culinary, cultural, historic and personal anecdotes, with a local’s insider view of Istanbul.
- Adult: US$110
- Child (6-12): US$65
- Infant (0-5): Free
- Risk free 100% refund if you cancel 24-hours before tour start.
Meeting & Finishing Point:
- Taste of Two Continents tour begins in Istanbul’s Old City. There, we meet to start our tour in the heart of Eminönü, close to Spice Market. The exact meeting point and detailed directions will be provided upon booking confirmation.
- Taste of Two Continents tour finishes at Kadıköy Ferry Terminal. Your return ferry tickets are included. Your guide will help you to catch the Eminönü ferry (back to the Spice Market) or Karaköy ferry.
What to Bring & Wear:
- An empty stomach and your appetite!
- Casual and comfortable shoes and clothing.
- Our tours depart rain or shine; if rain is forecast you might like to bring an umbrella for the short walking distances between food stops.
Spend a day away from the bustle of Istanbul’s touristic areas on this insider’s view of Istanbul’s food scene on our Taste of Two Continents tour.
You’ll meet to begin your tour close to the famous Spice Market in the Old City, the trading hub of food in Istanbul for more than 450 years. You’ll kick off your culinary journey of Istanbul with a delicious Turkish breakfast of locally-sourced produce and freshly brewed tea at a traditional tea house overlooking the New Mosque. You’ll then board your ferry for a scenic journey across the mighty Bosphorus to the vibrant and more modern Kadıköy, on the Asian side.
Kadıköy is home to some of the best local restaurants in Istanbul which are frequented by a new generation of Turks who love to dine out while still savouring the flavours of their childhood.
As you make your way through the colourful streets of Kadıköy market, you’ll sip on freshly brewed Turkish coffee while delighting in locally-made crispy golden baklava. You’ll savour the delicious tastes of popular street foods like dolma, tantuni and kokoreç, as well as other local favourites. You’ll then sit down to enjoy the seasonal flavours of a variety of traditional Turkish homestyle dishes.
Finally, you’ll end your day with a short walk to the district of Moda to cool down with the refreshing flavour of the best Turkish dondurma (ice-cream) in the city.
During your walking tour, you’ll make 10 different stops, with a variety of samples at each. You’ll fill your belly to the brim with all the fantastic flavours that make up Turkish cuisine! Don’t miss this opportunity to immerse yourself inside Istanbul’s food scene and experience the buzz of Istanbul daily life.
Your day spent exploring Taste of Two Continents will surprise and delight your taste buds as you discover the real Istanbul.